fairyland of nimbus

Πώς πάνε για την πόλη του πουθενά?

Δευτέρα, Μαΐου 08, 2006

nature boy

Nick Cave

I was just a boy when I sat downTo watch the news on TVI saw some ordinary slaughterI saw some routine atrocityMy father said, don't look awayYou got to be strong, you got to be bold, nowHe said, that in the end it is beautyThat is going to save the world, nowAnd she moves among the sparrowsAnd she floats upon the breezeShe moves among the flowersShe moves something deep inside of meI was walking around the flower show like a leperComing down with some kind of nervous hysteriaWhen I saw you standing there, green eyes, black hairUp against the pink and purple wisteriaYou said, hey, nature boy, are you looking at meWith some unrighteous intention?My knees went weak, I couldn't speak, I was having thoughtsThat were not in my best interests to mentionAnd she moves among the flowersAnd she floats upon the smokeShe moves among the shadowsShe moves me with just one little lookYou took me back to your placeAnd dressed me up in a deep sea diver's suitYou played the patriot, you raised the flagAnd I stood at full saluteLater on we smoked a pipe that struck me dumbAnd made it impossible to speakAs you closed in, in slow motion,Quoting Sappho, in the original GreekShe moves among the shadowsShe floats upon the breezeShe moves among the candlesAnd we moved through the days and through the yearsYears passed by, we were walking by the seaHalf deliriousYou smiled at me and said, BabeI think this thing is getting kind of seriousYou pointed at something and saidHave you ever seen such a beautiful thing?It was then that I broke downIt was then that you lifted me up againShe moves among the sparrowsAnd she walks across the seaShe moves among the flowersAnd she moves something deep inside of meShe moves among the sparrowsAnd she floats upon the breezeShe moves among the flowersAnd she moves right up close to me

1 Comments:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου

<< Home